Have you ever wanted to have a say in the direction that Colorado Parks and Wildlife takes during the year? Now is your chance! Colorado Parks and Wildlife is looking for input from Coloradans about what they would like to see from them this year. Now is your chance to let them know what you would like to see in all the great camping areas in Colorado.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife 2015 Strategic Plan
Help shape the path of Colorado Parks & Wildlife’s future
Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) is kicking off a public comment period to inform the development of the 2015 Strategic Plan. Your input is vitally important to this process. We want your help designing a strategic vision that will guide Colorado Parks and Wildlife’s efforts into the future.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife’s strategic plan will set a vision for the future and define goals, priorities and strategies for managing Colorado’s state parks, wildlife and outdoor recreation. The strategic plan aims to improve Colorado Parks and Wildlife’s efficiency, responsiveness, and services by helping the agency focus on a strategic vision and capitalize on agency strengths and opportunities.
With the new strategic plan, Colorado Parks and Wildlife hopes to craft a shared direction through participation and feedback from the public, stakeholders, staff and the Parks and Wildlife Commission. Colorado Parks and Wildlife is reaching out to people across Colorado to encourage participation in this planning. Through an open and interactive process, stakeholders and the public have a variety of opportunities for involvement, including:
- A public comment form to share your thoughts on how Colorado Parks and Wildlife can provide quality state parks, support outdoor recreation opportunities, and effectively manage wildlife for years to come. To provide your input, please fill out the online public comment form now (also inSpanish).
- Public workshops held throughout the state for you to share your thoughts in-person. Visit the Strategic Planning Website to see the detailed statewide public meeting schedule, or see below for a current list of dates and locations. More workshops may be added so check the website for the most up-to-date schedule.
- A telephone town hall in mid-March in which everyone is invited to participate, ask questions, and share ideas about the strategic plan. Visit Colorado Parks and Wildlife’s website in early March for an announcement and call-in number.
These are major steps in forming Colorado Park and Wildlife’s strategic plan, and we need your support to be successful. You can also receive updates on the planning process through our email list. To join, send an email to DNR_CPW_Planning@state.co.us and ask to be put on the list or just put “join” in the subject line.
Public workshop schedule for Colorado Parks and Wildlife Strategic Plan
- February 24, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM – Colorado Springs (Colorado Parks and Wildlife Office, 4255 Sinton Rd., Colorado Springs, CO)
- February 25, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM – Pueblo (Lake Pueblo State Park, 640 Pueblo Reservoir Rd., Pueblo, CO)
- February 26, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM – Lamar (Colorado Parks and Wildlife Office, 2500 S Main St., Lamar, CO)
- February 26, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM – Salida (SteamPlant Event Center, 220 W Sackett Ave., Salida, CO)
- March 2, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM – Denver (Bass Pro Shops, 7970 Northfield Blvd., Denver, CO)
- March 2, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM – Denver (REI, 1416 Platte St., Denver, CO)
- March 18, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM – Durango (Durango Public Library, 1900 E 3rd Ave., Durango, CO)
- March 23, 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM – Grand Junction (Mesa County Central Library, 530 Grand Ave., Grand Junction, CO)
This is a great opportunity to have your voice heard about Colorado Parks and Wilderness. Contact them and let them know what you would like to see in Colorado Parks and Wildlife areas.