State Forest State Park is a large area on the western side of Cameron Pass on Highway 14. It encompasses a large area of beautiful Colorado wilderness. There are many different campgrounds in the park at different locations. Each offers a different camping experience. Camp Out Colorado’s reviews of these campgrounds have been separated. This way you can learn about the specifics of the exact campground you are looking for. Please follow the links below to the specific campground you are interested in camping in.
Camping Reviews in State Forest State Park
- Bockman Campground State Forest State Park Camping Review
Message from State Forest State Park Website
In the ultimate rugged Colorado, State Forest State Park offers visitors 71,000 acres of forest, jagged peaks, alpine lakes, wildlife and miles of trails. The park stretches along the west side of the Medicine Bow Mountains and into the north end of the Never Summer Range.
Moose is our claim to fame. North Park is considered the moose viewing capital of Colorado, with over 600 moose to be observed year-round.
State Forest State Park has something for everyone in every season. With so much room and diversity, visitors can experience a bountiful array of outdoor recreational favorites such as camping, hiking, four-wheeling, horseback riding, skiing, snowshoeing, telemarking, snowboarding, snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, birding, wildlife viewing and geocaching.
Our campgrounds have been affected by the pine beetle epidemic. Feel free to call the park for more information 970-723-8366.
General Camping Information
- A parks pass is required on all vehicles.
- Campground users must have both a camping permit and a daily parks pass.
- Camping is only permitted on designated campsites.
- Please display the permit in the site marker located at each campsite.
- Minimum impact camping techniques are recommended at alpine lake areas.
- Camping isn’t allowed in the Lake Agnes Basin.
- Horses are not permitted within campgrounds.
- Dump station is located off County Road 41 on road to the shop just past the entrance station.
- Showers are not available within the State Forest State Park.
- No back country fires allowed.
Please post your experiences in the specific review of the campground you camped in. This helps other campers know what to expect when they go camping in State Forest State Park.